Two of Delta's Amex cards are offering welcome bonuses that can get you both miles and cash back, but they're only available until August 15
David Slotnick/Business Insider
- The Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express and the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express are both offering limited-time welcome bonuses until August 15, 2019.
- With the Gold Delta Amex, you can earn 30,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in the first three months, and get up 50% back on purchases made directly with Delta in the first three months, up to $300 back.
- With the Platinum Delta Amex, you can earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in the first three months, and get up to 50% back on purchases made directly with Delta in the first three months, up to $500 back.
- These cards don't typically offer this much cash back on Delta purchases as a welcome bonus, so now's a good time to apply and book future travel.
If you have any travel on the horizon and find Delta to be a convenient option, these two Delta Amex credit card bonuses are worth a look. Both the Gold Delta Amex and the more premium Platinum Delta Amex are offering limited-time welcome bonuses that can get you 50% cash back on flights you purchase in the first three months from opening the card - up to $500 cash back on the Platinum Delta Amex.These card offers are only available until August 15, so we're closing in on your last chance to get these limited-time bonuses.Advertisement
Based on The Points Guy's valuations, 30,000 Delta SkyMiles are worth $360. So if you max out the 50% cash-back offer on Delta flights, you'd be looking at about $660 in value from the Gold Delta Amex card's welcome bonus.The Gold Delta Amex earns 2 miles per dollar on Delta purchases, and 1 mile per dollar on everything else. Other benefits include a free checked bag on Delta flights, Main Cabin 1 priority boarding and no foreign transaction fees.
Read more: If you fly Delta even just once or twice a year, the Gold Delta Amex is worth it thanks to a free checked bag and other benefits
Click here to learn more about the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express from our partner The Points Guy.
The Platinum Delta Amex is the more premium of the two cards, with a $195 annual fee that isn't waived the first year. It's offering 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in the first three months, and 50% back in the form of a statement credit on purchases you make directly with Delta in the first three months, up to $500 back.Based on The Points Guy's valuations, 50,000 Delta miles are worth $600, so if you maxed out the cash-back aspect of this offer, you'd be looking at about $1,100 in total value.The Platinum Delta Amex has the same miles-earning rates, free checked bag benefit, and priority boarding perk as the Gold Delta Amex, but it also offers an annual companion certificate for main cabin travel - this is essentially a two-for-one travel certificate, and you only have to pay for taxes and fees. You can also earn Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) toward Delta Medallion elite status by meeting annual spending requirements on this card.Advertisement
Click here to learn more about the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express from our partner The Points Guy.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Personal Finance Insider team. We occasionally highlight financial products and services that can help you make smarter decisions with your money. We do not give investment advice or encourage you to adopt a certain investment strategy. What you decide to do with your money is up to you. If you take action based on one of our recommendations, we get a small share of the revenue from our commerce partners. This does not influence whether we feature a financial product or service. We operate independently from our advertising sales team.
Business Insider may receive a commission from The Points Guy Affiliate Network, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- 33 more cases in Punjab; COVID-19 tally rises to 2,139 in state
- C'garh: Cop attempts suicide using service weapon, critical
- Dharavi slum's count of COVID-19 cases grows by 18 to 1,639
- NCLT approves sale of IL&FS stake in GIFT City to Gujarat govt
- Google unveils new tools to help small businesses during Covid-19