Travis Kalanick isn’t just investing in Indian cloud kitchens but also hiring for his own venture
- Uber founder and former CEO
Travis Kalanickhas reportedly invested in Indian cloud kitchen startup Rebel Foods.
- But Kalanick is also
hiringin India for his own venture – Cloud Kitchens.
- He had acquired a controlling stake in Cloud Kitchens in 2018, taking on the role of CEO.
Calling itself an ‘internet restaurant company’, Rebel Foods runs restaurants like Faasos, Behrouz Biryani, Oven Story and more. It recently raised a funding of $25 million from Goldman Sachs along with existing investors Lightbox, Sequoia and others.
But Kalanick is also hiring for his own venture called Cloud Kitchens. A look at the careers page of the company’s website will show that the startup is looking for real estate development managers across Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru. It’s also looking for a project manager for the India region.
In 2018, Kalanick had acquired controlling stake in real estate startup City Storage Systems and announced himself as the CEO. He had made the investment through his fund 10100. City Storage Systems runs Cloud Kitchens, where they take up real estate spaces in a city and set up kitchens for restaurants to operate out of and run a delivery service.
Kalanick maintained a low profile since his very public exit from Uber, a company that he built which recently went for one of the world’s biggest IPOs. Kalanick exited from Uber following a series of scandals involving sexual harassment at work to the crazy Silicon Valley parties and his work culture.
Popular on BI
- 'Texting between iPhone and Android is broken:' Google puts Apple on blast for converting Android texts to green bubbles and 'blurry' compressed videos
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 beta arrives next month – here’s how to get early access
- Indian diamantaires want to make lab-grown diamonds a woman’s best friend
- Most luxury home sales came from Mumbai, and its suburb Thane leads in affordable homes
- Indian markets close flat as they await cues from US inflation data
- Best car pressure washers in India
- What's the Bechdel Test that Sushmita Sen’s Aarya, Kajol’s Tribhanga rated high on?
- Snapchat brings paid subscription service to India amid layoffs, poor growth