Travis Kalanick isn’t just investing in Indian cloud kitchens but also hiring for his own venture
- Uber founder and former CEO
Travis Kalanickhas reportedly invested in Indian cloud kitchen startup Rebel Foods.
- But Kalanick is also
hiringin India for his own venture – Cloud Kitchens.
- He had acquired a controlling stake in Cloud Kitchens in 2018, taking on the role of CEO.
Calling itself an ‘internet restaurant company’, Rebel Foods runs restaurants like Faasos, Behrouz Biryani, Oven Story and more. It recently raised a funding of $25 million from Goldman Sachs along with existing investors Lightbox, Sequoia and others.
But Kalanick is also hiring for his own venture called Cloud Kitchens. A look at the careers page of the company’s website will show that the startup is looking for real estate development managers across Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru. It’s also looking for a project manager for the India region.
In 2018, Kalanick had acquired controlling stake in real estate startup City Storage Systems and announced himself as the CEO. He had made the investment through his fund 10100. City Storage Systems runs Cloud Kitchens, where they take up real estate spaces in a city and set up kitchens for restaurants to operate out of and run a delivery service.
Kalanick maintained a low profile since his very public exit from Uber, a company that he built which recently went for one of the world’s biggest IPOs. Kalanick exited from Uber following a series of scandals involving sexual harassment at work to the crazy Silicon Valley parties and his work culture.
- UP's Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announces free funerals for deceased Covid patients
- You no longer need a Covid+ve report to get admitted to a hospital: Union Health Ministry
- Supreme Court sets up a 12-member National Task Force to facilitate public health response to the pandemic
- Adobe Summit 2021: Empowering a digital-first economy through personalisation
- Crime branch to probe recovery of O2 concentrators from Delhi eateries, including Khan Market's famous Khan Chacha and Town Hall