Uber is raising yet another $1 billion and could soon be worth $70 billion
This round would come just three months after Uber raised $1 billion for its China branch. It would also be Uber's eighth round in five years.
Earlier this week, Uber CEO Travis Kalanick said that the company was "nowhere near" going public.
Those remarks came after superstar venture investor and Uber board member Bill Gurley warned startups not to stay private for too long.
Uber is already said to be valued at more than $50 billion, making it higher than Facebook's valuation at its last private round in 2011.
Uber did not respond to a request for comment at post time.
- Towards a Greener Footprint: Prioritising Carbon-Neutrality Makes Good Businesses Sense! Are Indian Firms Making the Transition?
- Netflix confirms an ad supported tier is coming to its streaming service by year end
- Accenture, Cognizant could see revenue growth but a strong US dollar could spoil the party
- Kharif sowing is off to a weak start with extended dry spells and floods
- Best ladder for home use in India