Uber riders can now ask their drivers to be quiet directly from the app, but you'll pay extra for that convenience
AP Photo/Mary Altaffer
- Uber is rolling out a new quiet mode for riders who want to keep conversation between themselves and their drivers to a minimum.
- The ride-hailing service is offering the option to users who choose the Uber Black and Uber Black SUV services, starting May 15.
- Those rides will come with some additional perks, including the option to select an ideal interior temperature for your ride, luggage service, and a little extra time to find your driver's car after they've arrived.
- It's part of Uber's effort to draw users back to its pricier Uber Black service. The ride-hailing company which has not yet made a profit will likely seek additional roads to revenue after a disappointing debut on the stock market last week.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Uber is offering some added perks for users who choose its pricier Uber Black and Uber Black SUV service.Riders who want to keep conversation between themselves and their drivers to a minimum can select "quiet mode," and they can enjoy other perks like luggage service, freedom to choose a specific interior temperature, and extra time to find their driver's car after it has arrived.
"With these new features and more to come, we're excited to ensure that our riders can arrive relaxed and refreshed, wherever they're headed," Ghajar said.The features come online May 15. They are part of Uber's effort to draw users back to its pricier Uber Black service.The ride-hailing company which has not yet made a profit, despite its multibillion-dollar valuation, will likely seek additional roads to revenue after a disappointing debut on the stock market last week.
- Kerala sets up committee on vaccine manufacturing centre
- Gap between COVID-19 recoveries and active cases steadily increasing: Health ministry
- Ola brings on board former General Motors veteran to lead the global manufacturing and operations of its electric business
- Spotify is the latest to hop on the Instagram-like stories bandwagon and people are asking why
- Upcoming car launches in December — Nissan Magnite, Audi S5 Sportback, Tata Altroz Turbo, and more