Here are UberCommute drivers telling why they prefer carpooling over taxi ridesharing
Ever wondered if putting your car out there for
Notably, the Indian government has committed to reducing emission intensity by 30-35% by 2030, and if every individual who owns a car carpools during their daily
It provides an easy way to commute to and from work by sharing the journey with fellow-commuters headed in the same direction. Using UberCOMMUTE, Uber is aiming to cut down congestion by getting more people into fewer cars and increasing usage of existing cars.
Here’s how it works:
1)If you drive to and from work or make trips across town – and would like to share your commute – sign up with Uber. Then the profile will get verified by the company.
2)On the days you’re driving, switch on the app anytime between 7AM and 9PM. You’ll be prompted to enter your destination and we’ll then pair you up with another rider heading the same way so you can share the journey and recoup your costs.
3)You will see the amount you get for each trip in advance so there are no surprises. It is designed to help recoup the running cost of your car
Popular on BI
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- Best water purifiers to buy in India 2023
- Desk-bombing, monk mode & other emerging trends at the workplace
- Crypto exchange Binance temporarily suspends all spot trading
- Samsung unveils Galaxy F14 5G with 6000 mAh battery in India
- Haircut on cases resolved through IBC not very encouraging, says Kotak report