Uber's driverless car took a selfie of me during my ride
Let's be real: if you're riding in a robotic car that can drive itself (well, almost), you definitely want a memento to mark the occasion. Well, Uber has you covered.
As part of a pilot program, select customers can take a ride in Uber's self-driving car starting Wednesday morning. Those who are lucky enough to get an invite will see a giant display in the backseat that doubles as a source of information and selfie cam.
Here's the shot it took of me:
Uber superimposes your face over a real LiDAR feed of your car driving itself. For those who aren't familiar, LiDAR stands for light-sensing radar, which is a remote sensing technology that uses lasers to map out the world around the car so it can "see" obstacles.
So that image you're seeing is actually how Uber's cars perceive the world around them. Pretty neat, huh?
- Richest entrepreneurs under 40 named in the IIFL Wealth Hurun list became more richer by 12% in last one year
- Time taken to deliver items & returns are the key pain points for e-comm consumers
- DGCI allows Serum Institute to export malaria vaccine to UK
- Upcoming cars launching in India in October 2022
- Gurgaon-based Indifi disbursed ₹2,800 crore worth of loans to small business owners
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Reliance Retail
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World