Alibaba launches into news in India with UC News aggregator app
With mobile internet developing across the country,
"Our strategy is to transform from being just a tool to content. We want to position ourselves as a content curator. Our vision is to become the number 1 content discovery platform in India", Kenny Ye, General Manager at UC Web said.The app has over 20 news categories, with several sections including 'Offbeat' and 'Trending'. The app will use big data tech and customisation to offer personalised news. The company has forged partnerships with content producers like Cricbuzz, Twitter and Bing. It will offer vernacular languages support in the coming months.
- L’Oréal Paris and ambassadors Aditi Rao Hydari, Sobhita Dhulipala, Shakti Mohan and Mithali Raj share their heartfelt gratitude for heroes on International Nurses Day
- This cryptocurrency is valued at $45 billion, and it's just a day old
- India's geo imaging satellite launch delayed due to rising COVID-19 cases
- Gartner report reveals global chip shortage may continue till Q2 2022
- COVID-19: Gurugram, Faridabad and Sonipat districts in Haryana worst hit with new infections