Verizon is selling blogging site Tumblr to the owner of WordPress for a 'nominal' amount of money
- The Wall Street Journal reported Monday that Verizon is planning to sell blogging site Tumblr to Automattic, the parent company of other blogging site WordPress.
- WSJ cited the deal as a "nominal amount" compared to its previous $1 billion purchase price.
- Automattic will take on 200 Tumblr employees, the report stated.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Automattic, the parent company of publishing site WordPress, is planning to purchase blogging site Tumblr from Verizon for an undisclosed amount, according to a Wall Street Journal report Monday.The price of the acquisition is unclear, but the report stated it was a "nominal amount" compared to Tumblr's previous $1 billion purchase price by Yahoo several years ago. As part of the deal, Automattic will take on 200 Tumblr employees.
Get the latest Yahoo stock price here.
- UltraTech Cement's ₹5,477 crore expansion plan is a sign that Birla is betting on a faster economic recovery
- SBI’s mobile banking app is down for the third time in 30 days — digital services take a hit for the 25th time this year
- HCL Tech's Roshni Nadar is India's richest woman in 2020, according to Kotak Wealth Hurun India list
- Hero ISL’s viewership for the first 8 matches has grown by 16% in comparison to last year
- Reliance Infratel resolution plan approved by NCLT Mumbai – Jio to pick up the tower unit