Coffee baron VG Siddhartha, the founder of India's iconic chain Cafe Coffee Day, is missing
- VG Siddhartha is reportedly missing near Netravati River in Mangalore since Monday night.
- The development came in after the Mangalore City Police started a search operation at 9 pm to look for a man who might have jumped off a kilometer-long bridge in Ullal.
- Siddhartha reportedly faced a cash crunch earlier this year after the default by infrastructure lending giant IL&FS, which forced him to sell stake in the IT firm
The development came in after the Mangalore City Police started a search operation at 9 pm to look for a man who might have jumped off a kilometer-long bridge in Ullal. According to the report, Siddhartha may be the missing 'man' since he reached Mangaluru at 8 pm in his SUV and ask the driver to drop him at the bridge in Ullal.
The 58-year-old entrepreneur was in talks with Coca-Cola to sell considerable stake in his coffee chain. The deal was supposed to be closed by the end of March 2020.
VG Siddhartha came from a coffee-growing family, which owned 15,000 acres of coffee estate in
The coffee baron had reportedly been cornered by a cash crunch after the default by infrastructure lending giant IL&FS triggered a liquidity crisis in the country. Siddhartha had to sell his 20.4% stake in the IT firm Mindtree to L&T against the wishes of Mindtree’s founders who Siddhartha had backed since 1999.
L&T takes over Mindtree in Indian IT’s first-ever hostile acquisition
Mindtree takeover battle: L&T deals the first blow buying coffee baron VG Siddhartha's stake
Popular on BI
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- Elon Musk hits out at viral videos of DINK couples, saying there's an 'awful morality' to those who choose not to have children
- Married couples often share high blood pressure, study shows
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue
- A Japanese Start-Up Is Testing a Rocket Powered Entirely By Rocket Fuel Created From Cow Dung!
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns