VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger: No Thanks, I Don't Want To Be Intel's Next CEO
His name has been batted about as a candidate in the press. At an event in New York Wednesday to formally announced VMware's expected moves into cloud computing, Gelsinger was asked about the Intel job, reports the Wall Street Journal's Don Clark. His answer:I’m flattered, of course, to be considered for running such a great company as Intel. But I’m happy in my role at VMware and hope to be doing it for many years to come.
The next Intel CEO is most likely COO Brian Krzanich or Stacy Smith, Intel's CFO and top strategy exec.A woman is in the running, too, but she's more of a longshot: Renee James,
Both Smith and James were promoted in November, at the same time Otellini announced his retirement. The implication was that they are being groomed as CEO candidates.
- Protesting farmers break barricades at Delhi borders, entering the national capital ahead of time
- BJD chalks out issues for upcoming budget session of Parliament
- Farmer unions now announce plan to march towards Parliament on Budget day
- Pradhan Mantri Bal Puraskar to be awarded to 32 children on Republic Day
- Birla is making Asian Paints and Berger Paints change colours— and it’s bad news for those who got shares in Indigo IPO too