Vodafone Idea has lost over 31 million users in six months, thanks to Jio
Vodafone Idealost 4 million users in June. Since January 2019, the telecom giant has lost 31.75 million subscribers.
Reliance Jiohas gained 41.65 million users since January.
- Reliance Jio is now the second biggest telecom provider in the country.
AdvertisementIndia’s biggest telecom network Vodafone Idea lost 4 million users in June alone, as
According to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India report, Vodafone Idea lost 4 million users, and went from 387 million subscribers in May to 383.4 million in June. The telecom provider had lost 6 million consumers in June.
Cumulatively, since January 2019, Vodafone Idea lost 31.75 million users while Jio gained 41.65 million subscribers.
Jio had 331.2 million subscribers as of June 2019, adding 8.26 million users in a month. In April and May, Jio added the 8.1 million users.
In June 2019, Vodafone Idea and Airtel together had to pay ₹30.5 billion as penalty, as they had both failed to comply with their agreements for interconnection with Reliance Jio because of which,
- Commercial flights from Bareilly airport expected to start by December
- Arvind Kejriwal launches ‘Green Delhi’ app — Here’s how to download and use the application
- New air pollution laws in Delhi-NCR — Non-compliance could lead to ₹1 crore fine, 5 years in jail
- WPP won $1.6 billion worth of new business in Q3
- Former Gujarat CM Keshubhai Patel dead