Vodafone Idea has lost over 31 million users in six months, thanks to Jio
Vodafone Idealost 4 million users in June. Since January 2019, the telecom giant has lost 31.75 million subscribers.
Reliance Jiohas gained 41.65 million users since January.
- Reliance Jio is now the second biggest telecom provider in the country.
According to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India report, Vodafone Idea lost 4 million users, and went from 387 million subscribers in May to 383.4 million in June. The telecom provider had lost 6 million consumers in June.
Cumulatively, since January 2019, Vodafone Idea lost 31.75 million users while Jio gained 41.65 million subscribers.
Jio had 331.2 million subscribers as of June 2019, adding 8.26 million users in a month. In April and May, Jio added the 8.1 million users.
In June 2019, Vodafone Idea and Airtel together had to pay ₹30.5 billion as penalty, as they had both failed to comply with their agreements for interconnection with Reliance Jio because of which,
- Man in famous 9/11 photo dies from COVID-19 in Florida
- Assam registers record 1,202 new COVID-19 cases; tally crosses 11,000-mark
- Delhi govt asks DMs to start COVID-19 survey outside containment zones
- 1,168 new cases in Pune on Sat, COVID-19 count now 27,311
- Nitish Kumar, 14 Bihar CMO staffers test negative for COVID-19