Warren Buffett has enough firepower to do a $160 billion deal this year
- Warren Buffett's firm Berkshire Hathaway is sitting on a record amount of cash.
- UBS speculates that the company could make an acquisition exceeding $160 billion this year, perhaps in the utilities sector.
There is, however, one possible impediment, which is that equities are trading at historically high valuations as indexes keep surging to new records, says UBS. The firm notes that this could make some potential targets prohibitively expensive.With that said, Berkshire's own lofty valuation could prevent it from using its cash to buy back its own shares, argues UBS. That makes it even more likely that the firm will use their capital on something other than buybacks - like M&A. Stay tuned.
- Instagram launches new layout for "Stories" feature for desktop users
- Honda to export new City 2020 from India to left-hand drive markets
- WhatsApp to add additional security layer for users to link account to computers
- AAP to contest elections in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Goa, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Gujarat in 2022, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Top 10 business investment options in Dubai for India's best minds