Warren Buffett says bitcoin 'definitely will come to a bad ending'
Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images
- "What's going on definitely will come to a bad ending," said Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway's CEO, on cryptocurrencies.
- Buffett told CNBC the firm will never have a position in cryptocurrencies.
Berkshire Hathaway CEO Warren Buffett said Wednesday that the firm had no interest in jumping on the cryptocurrency bandwagon. Advertisement
"We don't own any, we're not short any, we'll never have a position in them," Buffett said in an interview on CNBC.
"If I could buy a five-year put on every one of the cryptocurrencies, I'd be glad to do it," Buffett said, referring to options trades that would profit from price declines.He said Berkshire Hathaway remained focused on identifying good businesses and investing in them.
The conglomerate announced Wednesday that it was expanding its board, adding Gregory E. Abel and Ajit Jain as directors to boost its size to 14 members.Buffett and Charlie Munger, Berkshire Hathaway's vice chairman, will keep their positions on the board.Get the latest Bitcoin price here.>>
- September auto sales show Indian auto manufacturers are almost back at pre-COVID levels — commercial vehicles continue to lag
- NASA's new project will let you 'patrol' outer space for new planets
- Twitter aims to have 50% of global workforce to be women by 2025
- COVID-19 active cases in India remain below 10 lakh for 10 days in a row
- Google Pixel 4a with Snapdragon 730G to be launched in India on October 17