Warren Buffett says Elon Musk has 'room for improvement'
- Warren Buffett is urging Elon Musk to use more restraint in his role as Tesla CEO.
- In a Yahoo Finance interview airing Friday, Buffett said Musk has 'room for improvement'
- Musk has been locked in a months-long battle with federal regulators that's expected to come to an end by April 18.
In an interview with Yahoo Finance airing Friday and reported on by Bloomberg, the Oracle of Omaha said he doesn't understand why his fellow billionaire executive feels the need to use twitter so prolifically.
"He's a remarkable guy. I just don't see the necessity to communicate," Buffett said, according to Bloomberg, adding that Musk has "room for improvement."
Musk's Twitter habits landed him in federal court earlier in April when his lawyers defended the CEO against allegations from the Securities and Exchange Commission that he should be held in contempt of court for violating a prior agreement with the regulatory agency. That fight stems back to Musk's ill-fated bid to take Tesla private last September.
Musk and the SEC were ordered to put on their "reasonableness pants" and meet for at least one hour before returning to the judge by April 18 with a new agreement about how to oversee the executive's Twitter habits.
More Tesla news:
- Tesla made Autopilot a standard feature on all its vehicles and announced sweeping changes to the Model 3 lineup
- Tesla disputes report that Panasonic and Tesla are freezing Gigafactory spending plans
- Tesla told some $35,000 Model 3 customers they were days away from getting their cars. Now, those customers don't know when their orders will arrive.
- Tesla's senior director of global security has left the company - here are all the key names who have departed in recent months
Get the latest Tesla stock price here.