WATCH: US-South Korean military fire missiles, following North Korea's latest missile test
8th US Army Public Affairs Office
The exercise utilized the Army's Tactical Missile System (ATACMS) and South Korea's Hyunmoo Missile II - which were said to be capable of rapidly deploying in order to provide "deep-strike precision capability." The missiles were also said to have been fired into the East Sea, where North Korea's latest missile was also rumored to have landed.ATACMS missiles can carry a 500-pound high-explosive warhead and can travel up to a distance of 186 miles.
President Donald Trump issued a statement calling the missile test, the second one in less than a month, a "reckless and dangerous action.""The United States will take all necessary steps to ensure the security of the American homeland and protect our allies in the region," Trump's statement read.
Watch the video below:
And here is a video. Same place as last time (for those who know the place). pic.twitter.com/7LHfr5yEv1- Aldin (@aldin_ww) July 28, 2017
- 1.28 lakh people over 60 years get 1st dose of COVID vaccine on first day
- Chinese hackers target Indian vaccine makers SII and Bharat Biotech: Report
- GST revenue up 7% year-on-year in February to over ₹1.13 lakh crore
- Here is the list of common side-effects of COVID-19, so that you don't panic if you get these
- These are the top 10 likely IPOs scheduled in March 2021