We asked a body language expert to analyze Trump at the G7 - and all those awkward kisses, handshakes, and shoulder grabs
- At this month's G7 summit, President Trump shared awkward greetings with French President Emmanuel Macron, his wife Brigitte Macron, and German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
- Business Insider spoke with a body language expert who said that awkward greetings are usually the result of differing cultural norms.
- It's not the first time President Trump has been awkward on camera, from long handshakes with President Macron to being talked down to by Chancellor Merkel.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
People often communicate as much with their bodies as with words - especially when the whole world is watching.At this month's G7 summit, President Donald Trump shared a long handshake with French President Emmanuel Macron, air-kissed German Chancellor Angela Merkel, and put his hands around UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson's shoulders.
"With Mr. Trump, it's always a guessing game," Stehlik told Business Insider. "He has a reputation for being unpredictable, breaking norms, and grabbing the spotlight."
President Trump shared some of his more awkward moments with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
Trump air-kissed Merkel just before a group photo.
French First Lady Brigitte Macron also kissed Trump hello.
Trump shared another long handshake with French President Emmanuel Macron.
Melania Trump shared a brief kiss hello with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
Trump grabbed UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson by the shoulders.
- Hero MotoCorp, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors and other stocks to watch out for on May 6
- Over One lakh oxygen concentrators cleared by customs from April 24 to May 4
- Check out who all can travel to the US amidst uncertainty in international travel
- Water shortage might be on the way to worsen Delhi's COVID-19 crisis
- Himachal Pradesh government imposes curfew effective from tomorrow till May 16