We drove a Ferrari California T to a track to watch Ferraris race
Matthew DeBord/Business Insider
Last year my son, James, and I drove up to Watkins Glen International, a storied racetrack, to watch a Ferrari race. We did not, however, make the drive in a Ferrari.
This year, Ferrari kindly lent us a California T, the company's "entry-level" car - its base price is $198,000 - to make a sort of return visit. Last time, we watched a Ferrari Challenge race in which the contestants run in Ferrari 458s. This time we attended the Six Hours of the Glen, an endurance race featuring teams from a variety of automakers - Porches, BMW, Aston Martin, Mazda, Corvette - alongside Ferrari.
It was an interesting weekend with a long drive in a cool car and a race that was heavily affected by the weather. Mixed in was a jaunt around the original Watkins Glen road course, where after World War II racers battled it out and before the now famous raceway was built.
We had a lot of fun - check it out.
- Paytm board to consider share buyback proposal on December 13
- Sensex, Nifty50 open in the green – Paytm rises on buyback proposal, HCL Tech declines
- Rupee gains 19 paise to 82.19/$ on dollar weakness and firm equities
- Football players age faster than others, says a Harvard study
- Realme 10 Pro+ 5G Review: An all-round value smartphone
- Realme10 Pro Plus Mobile
- Gig jobs
- Sula Vineyards IPO
- Whatsapp tips
- International Roaming Plans
- RBI hikes repo rate
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Most searched movies
- Adani Enterprises
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World