We drove the Porsche Panamera Turbo and the Cadillac CTS-V to see which mega-sedan was better - here's the verdict
Matthew DeBord/Business Insider
- The Porsche Panamera Turbo carries a hefty price tag.
- The Cadillac CTS-V is essentially a Corvette Z06 with four doors.
- Can the awesome Caddy face down possible the greatest sedan on Earth?
The Panamera in Turbo trim is actually monumental: there's a stonking twin-turbocharged, 4.0-liter V8 under the hood, cranking out 550 horsepower. But behind that motor is a cabin of unparalleled luxury. For those who want it all, the Panamera Turbo doesn't disappoint. But it will cost you more than $150,000.
The Porsche Panamera is an incredible car - so incredible that we named it Business Insider's 2017 Car of the Year.
The CTS-V is probably my favorite high-performance four-door on planet Earth. If you like the Corvette Z06 and its 6.2-liter, 650-horsepower V8 widowmaker, the CTS-V has the same powerplant, just tuned down by ten horses to 640.Let's call the comparison a showdown between perhaps the greatest sedan in existence and the extreme value proposition. Read on to see who wins:
- Here’s a tiny washing machine that cleans your TWS earbuds in two minutes
- 106-year-old woman in Madhya Pradesh gets her first COVID-19 vaccine
- Facebook's ad delivery system shows gender bias, says new study
- Check out the top 10 batsmen with the highest strike rate in all IPL matches
- Petrol pumps closed in Rajasthan as dealers demand rollback of VAT on fuel