We talked to some of the smartest minds on Wall Street about how tech is transforming finance. Here's what they had to say.
But challenges remain. There are new startups posing fresh competition. There's a talent war with Silicon Valley. Customer expectations are evolving. And there's the cultural challenge of driving innovation in huge organizations that have been around for decades and operate in a tightly regulated industry. Advertisement Jin Lee
Business Insider hosted IGNITION: Transforming Finance at the New York Stock Exchange on Monday to discuss all of this and more. Here are the highlights.
Meghan Morris, senior financial reporter at Business Insider, talked to Huw Richards, global head of digital investment banking at JPMorgan, and Lucien Foster, global head of digital partnerships at BNY Mellon.
- WATCH: Executives from JPMorgan and BNY Mellon tell fintech founders the best ways to partner with large banks
- The head of tech for Citigroup's global consumer bank points to 2 key themes for managing its $8 billion tech budget
- The innovation heads at Barclays and Morgan Stanley break down how their firms leverage technology to stay one step ahead of the competitors trying to steal their business
Dakin Campbell, senior finance correspondent at Business Insider, talked to Omer Ismail, head of consumer digital finance in the Americas for Goldman Sachs' Marcus division.
- WATCH: A Goldman Sachs Marcus exec explains why Apple is the perfect partner for their new credit card
- Goldman Sachs executive tells us why it's ditching traditional advertising like direct mail in favor of more out of home and digital ads
- 14 new COVID-19 cases in Himachal Pradesh, tally up to 296
- Thane COVID-19 cases 7,383; death toll 223 as 10 die on Fri
- Kalpataru Power inks pact to divest entire stake in JKPTL
- Uttar Pradesh reports 4 more COVID-19 deaths, total cases rise to 7,445
- Atletico's Costa could face 6-month sentence for tax fraud