We taste-tested 7 of Costco's Kirkland wines and found this was the best bottle of white
Hollis Johnson / Business Insider
- Costco has a wide selection of wines under its private Kirkland label.
- Business Insider's retail desk recently did a wine tasting with several Kirkland wines.
- Given that the Costco store in Oceanside, Long Island, didn't have every single Kirkland variety in stock, our tasting wasn't exhaustive.
- Our favorite white wine from Costco at this particular tasting was the Marlborough sauvignon blanc.
Costco's Kirkland label boasts a wide range of wine. And Business Insider's retail section recently sampled a bunch of them during a wine tasting.I was only able to find seven different bottles in the Costco in Oceanside, Long Island, so it was by no means an exhaustive review of Kirkland varieties. But we did seem to have a clear winner when it came to the four white wines - the Kirkland versions of prosecco, pinot grigio, chardonnay, and sauvignon blanc - available.
Our tasters described the wine as "spicy," herbaceous," "acidic," and "clean," with undertones of "tart orange," "apple," and "grilled fruit." The Kirkland chardonnay and pinot grigio that we tried had been criticized as being "too sweet," so the tart acidity was a nice surprise.Everyone who attended the tasting said they'd drink the wine again - except one more lukewarm individual who responded "maybe" to that question - and all of our tasters agreed that it was well worth $6.99.Do you like Costco wines and have a story to share? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Uber lays off 185 employees from Postmates, two months after it acquired the food delivery startup in the US
- What the future holds for co-working spaces in India
- India and China held a 16-hour long talk to resolve ongoing border dispute
- An American electric car maker explains why it took a different route than Elon Musk’s Tesla, Tata Motors or Mahindra
- Top stocks to watch on January 25