We taste-tested 7 of Costco's Kirkland wines and were blown away by their price and quality. Here's how they ranked from worst to best.
Hollis Johnson / Business Insider
- Costco sells a number of wines under its private label Kirkland.
- Business Insider's retail desk recently did a wine tasting with a number of these Costco wines.
- Here's what we thought of Kirkland's selections.
Costco is known for its quality wine selection. But the retailer doesn't just sell other producers' wine. Kirkland - Costco's private label brand - produces a number of its own wines through partnerships with different winemakers.And the results have been pretty successful. Costco's wine department has attracted quite a following over the years. There's even a whole blog dedicated to Costco wines.
We decided to see what the big deal was, so we hosted a workplace wine tasting with a few Kirkland selections. I've never hosted a wine tasting before, so this was a pretty extempore production. In the end, I ranked and reviewed each Kirkland wine, and so did all of my colleagues.Here's how everything went down:
Getting ahold of Costco wine turned out to be trickier than expected.
We had to travel for three hours to buy a few bottles of Kirkland.Advertisement
We each tried seven types of Kirkland wine.
7. Pinot GrigioAdvertisement
4. Sauvignon Blanc
- Top stock movers — Bharti Airtel, RBL Bank, Pidilite, Titan, Hero Motocorp, Asian Paints, TCS, L&T and others
- Manforce Condoms aims to capture 50% market share by 2023
- ASCI asks BYJU’s White Hat Jr to withdraw its social ads for making misleading claims
- EXCLUSIVE: Tata Communications’ IoT head explains how COVID is driving the next wave of Internet of Things
- 2020 US Presidential election to be most expensive in history, expected to cost $14 billion