We tried Everlane's recycled cashmere sweaters - they're more sustainably produced and just as comfortable as the originals
- Everlane has always centered itself around ethical business practices, transparency with consumers, and sustainability. Its new ReCashmere collection is the latest example of that.
- Each piece in the Everlane ReCashmere Collection is made with 60% recycled cashmere and 40% extra-fine merino wool sourced from ethical ranchers.
- Not only are ReCashmere sweaters more sustainably made, but they're also more affordable than Everlane's traditional cashmere counterparts - and just as soft, too.
- Read our full thoughts on the collection, below.
Between its ethical and transparent approach to manufacturing and it's simplistic design aesthetics, Everlane has become a beloved brand for quality wardrobe essentials.While the Insider Picks team had great experiences with handfuls of Everlane products including popular styles like the Day Glove flats, the recycled plastic ReNew Collection, and Tread sneakers, its Cashmere sweaters are a true team favorite.Advertisement
Now, the brand is leaning further into its mission of sustainability with a collection of recycled cashmere sweaters for men and women. The ReCashmere collection includes classic sweater styles like crewnecks, V-necks, mocknecks, and cardigans.
How ReCashmere sweaters are madeBy partnering with an environmentally-conscious mill in Prato, Italy, Everlane ReCashmere is made by collecting well-worn cashmere through recycling programs. The recycled materials are then sorted by color, combed, and spun with responsible extra-fine merino wool from non-mulesed sheep.
The end result is a 60/40-blend of recycled cashmere and merino wool, which is naturally sustainable. It's just as soft as Everlane's 100% Grade-A cashmere, but with half the carbon footprint.
Why you should consider themWhile sustainability and a reduced carbon footprint might be the biggest takeaways for environmentally conscious shoppers, the price should be appealing to everyone. In comparison to Everlane's Heavyweight Cashmere starting at $140 and Grade-A Cashmere starting at $130, every piece in the ReCashmere collection is under $100 - with the exception of the women's Varsity Cardigan, which, at $120, is still cheaper than traditional cashmere cardigans.In my experience testing products made with recycled or upcycled materials - including sneakers, jeans, jackets, fleeces, and T-shirts - they've always been marginally more expensive than standard pieces. Everlane somehow managed to make the quintessential fall and winter wardrobe staple better for the environment and your wallet. Advertisement
We decided to put them to the test to see if they're really worth buying over 100% cashmere pieces. You can read our thoughts below, but the short answer is that yes, they're just as great.
Read our thoughts on the new sweater collection, below:
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everlane ReCashmere Crew
Everlane ReCashmere Vintage Crew in Heathered AquaAdvertisement
Everlane ReCashmere Button Mockneck
- COVID-19 patient kept in ambulance for one day for want of bed
- Tamil Nadu government extends complete lockdown in Madurai till July 12
- Vaccine for COVID-19 can t be expected this year:CCMB director Mishra
- COVID-19: UP records 24 more deaths, 757 fresh cases
- COVID-19: 51 booked for holding cricket match in Greater Noida