We tried Mott & Bow's popular stretch-denim jeans for guys - and their comfort blew us away, especially for under $130 a pair
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.Advertisement
- Mott & Bow is a direct-to-consumer basics startup that makes affordable premium denim for men and women, starting at $96.
- The jeans feature a small amount of elastane for stretch, making them more comfortable and easy to move in than traditional raw denim options, but not so fitted that they're skin-tight.
- We asked four guys on the Insider Picks team to test different styles, and everyone was impressed by the extreme comfort that a little bit of stretch offered.
- Mott & Bow also offers a unique home try-on program that lets you choose a second pair of jeans in a different size to try for free. Send the pair you don't want back for free with a pre-paid label.
Whether worn for style or comfort, at least one pair can be found in almost anyone's closet. But as common as jeans are, not all denim is created equally.Founded in 2013 with the goal of making luxury-grade jeans at reasonable prices, Mott & Bow has been leading the way in the world of denim with its easy-to-wear, relatively affordable styles (nearly all under $125).
To get the most comfortable fit possible, Mott & Bow's denim is blended with a small amount of elastane for stretch. Adding a little bit of stretch to denim isn't revolutionary by any means, but Mott & Bow just managed to do it incredibly well with fits that don't look too tight. I asked four guys who are new to Mott & Bow's jeans to try a pair, we all found the elastane to make a huge difference. You can read our first-hand reviews below, but suffice it to say that if you're looking for comfortable denim, Mott & Bow's are worth the cost.And, rather than letting heavy machinery do all the work, Mott & Bow uses artisan techniques to make its denim, like hand-scraping the material for distressed looks. The company also sources denim from the best mills in the world and pays close attention to the often-overlooked details of the production process.No corners are cut when it comes to textiles or production, but it's the company's direct-to-consumer business model that allows them to maintain fair prices. Advertisement
It goes without saying that buying jeans without trying them on can be a bit tricky. We've all gone through the trouble of having to return and re-order jeans or preemptively buy multiple pairs with the intention of returning some later. Luckily, Mott & Bow is helping you avoid that with its home try-on program.The way it works is when you buy a pair of jeans, you can choose a second waist size for free. Mott & Bow will send you both pairs so that you can decide which one fits you best from the comfort of your home. Once you've made a decision, you can send the second pair back for free using the pre-paid label included in the box. This is a great service for first-time buyers or people who've changed in size since the last time they've bought jeans.Advertisement
Mott & Bow does cost more than classics like Levi's or Gap, but we've found them to be an overall better buy, and not unreasonably priced for the quality. Advertisement
If you're looking for jeans that are comfortable, require no break-in time, and are fairly priced, we highly recommend giving Mott & Bow a try.
Read on to see our full thoughts below or click here to start shopping for jeans at Mott & Bow.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
Mott & Bow Skinny Warren in Medium Blue
Mott & Bow Slim Wooster in Dark BlueAdvertisement
Mott & Bow Slim Benson in Light Blue
Mott & Bow Skinny Oliver in RawAdvertisement
- Uproar over Farm Bills 2020: What these bills contain and why the opposition — Here’s all you need to know
- Amazon Alexa in Hindi comes to smartphones in India as it turns one
- WhatsApp Web may get fingerprint authentication feature
- Amazon, Flipkart, and other e-commerce players could hit $7 billion in Diwali sales this year
- Top stock movers — TCS, Vodafone Idea, Adani Ports, Larsen & Toubro, Sterling and Wilson Solar and more