We want good relations between India and Pakistan but the neighbour should show some forward movement: Parrikar
Talking about India’s stand on Pakistan, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said that the government wants cordial relations with all its neighbours.
But, Parrikar said Pakistan needs to do much more to build confidence.
“Every time there is some forward movement, we have a setback in the form of a terror attack. I think the atmosphere needs to be enhanced. In principle, I want very good relations with Pakistan,” said Parrikar.
“There are a few steps they (Pakistan) have taken…I hope they continue with the steps,” the defence minister said.
“While India is going out of its way to build a conducive atmosphere for talks, incidents such as Pathankot make it very difficult for the government to carry on the engagement with Pakistan,” said an analyst.
Meanwhile, Parrikar said he was not a born anti-Pakistani and wanted situations to improve between the two nations.
“(Pakistan PM) Sharif said that they want to stop terrorism from their land. I am not a born anti-Pakistan. Like we are building confidence bridges with the Chinese, slightly higher level may result into, we buy so many things from Pakistan, this may also result into a better (relations)…,” he said.
He pointed out at the extraordinary gesture by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who made a surprise visit to Lahore to wish his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif on his birthday on December 25 last year.
(Anupama Airy is the Founder and Editor of EnergyInfraPost.com and DefenceAviationPost.com. She can be reached at email@example.com, Twitter handle: @anupamaairy)
- Lucknow set to become zero-Covid city
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO : Here’s how you can check the allotment status
- Bank of Baroda expects 25-35 basis points rate hike from Dec 5-7 RBI policy meet
- RBI's MPC meeting could throw up a lot more than just a rate hike, say experts
- Indian markets open the week on a mixed note – SBI, Maruti Suzuki, Inox Green Energy among stocks in focus
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World