WeWork is now worth as much as Snapchat
Yesterday, news broke that office space provider WeWork is raising a new round that will value the company at $17 billion. This flies in the face of recent talk about a popping tech bubble and dying billion-dollar "unicorns."
But perhaps this isn't a bubble popping, as happened in the dot-com era, but simply a reshuffling. Startups that can convince investors that their growth prospects are still good and that they have a path to profitability may still find it easy to raise money. It's the struggling companies with slowing growth and no clear path to profits that could find a harder time.
With that reshuffling in mind, Statista has charted the most valuable venture-backed private companies in the world, based on the valuation at their last round (this does not include reported downgrades by big institutional investors). WeWork is now in 7th place.
- How India can create opportunities for its new-age farmers
- Akasa Air founder, big bull Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passes at 62
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months