What it's like to have the best job in America right now
- Once again, data scientist ranks as the best job in America, according to employees.
- Business Insider interviewed a data science manager at Glassdoor to learn what it's like to have the best job in America right now.
- Data scientists not only command high salaries, but play a huge role in influencing company decision-making.
For the third year in a row, data scientist has been ranked the best job in America.
According to rankings by job site Glassdoor, the data scientist position has the highest overall job score of 4.8 out of a possible 5.
To determine its job rankings, Glassdoor takes into account the average salary of positions listed, the number of open positions, and the average job satisfaction of employees in these roles.
According to Glassdoor, data scientists have an average compensation of $120,000 per year, there are 4,524 job openings, and overall job satisfaction in the position scores a 4.2 out of 5.
To find out what it's really like to have the best job in the country, Business Insider interviewed Ling Cheng, a Data Science Manager at Glassdoor.
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- Mark Zuckerberg just ushered in a new era of tech, where profitability and efficiency trump perks and culture
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- Poco’s mid-range smartphone X5 Pro 5G launched in India starting at ₹22,999
- Leasing of industrial, logistics space highest in NCR in 2022 across top 8 cities: CBRE
- BYJU's to miss March 2023 deadline for group level profitability, results delayed again
- Dedicate Mumbai coastal road to Lata Didi, urges Mangeshkar family
- Adani Transmission reports 78% rise in Q3 net profit to ₹475 crore on one-time income