What you need to know in advertising today
In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, Read said that he doesn't plan to merge or sell any of WPP's marquee creative agencies, and will focus instead on how to make them work more closely with the company's stable of digital-advertising and data-science firms.To read the full interview, click here.
Colin Kaepernick is starring in a new 'Just Do It' ad for Nike. The former NFL quarterback is notorious for kneeling during the national anthem in 2016 to protest racial inequality, sparking similar demonstrations across the league and around the country.Nike slides after tapping Colin Kaepernick as the new face of its 'Just Do It' ads. Nike fell more than 3% in early trading Tuesday after the sneaker giant revealed it had signed Kaepernick.
Brands are paying teens to make AR ads on Snapchat for a fraction of what they originally used to cost. Previously they had to shell out anywhere between $500,000 to $750,000 for an AR lens, while now, they can get one for as cheap as $2,000.A day in the life of an intern at Facebook, from free housing to coding crash courses and massive paychecks. Business Insider recently shadowed two interns at Facebook's headquarters in Menlo Park, California, to see what a day in the life of an intern really looks like.Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey reportedly overruled staff on whether to ban conspiracy theorist Alex Jones from the service. Dorsey has personally made decisions about whether some high-profile Twitter accounts were booted or not from the social network, according to the Wall Street Journal.
- OPPO A74 smartphone with 5G support and 90Hz display to launch in India soon, to be priced under ₹20,000
- VCs say 10 unicorns in 4 months may seem too small by the end of this year
- Timelapse in Google Earth shows you the slow and scary demise of our only home in 3D
- Bhima Jewellery’s ‘Pure as love’ campaign is trending, and for all the right reasons
- Samsung Galaxy M42 5G to launch in India on April 28 – Specs, expected price and everything we know so far