WhatsApp is offering rewards for a solution to deal with misinformation in India
- The initiative is called the ‘WhatsApp Research Awards for Social Science and Misinformation’.
- The recipients can use the amount as they wish, without any restrictions whatsoever.
They’ve even named the contest, the ‘WhatsApp Research Awards for Social Science and Misinformation’. As an added incentive, the prize amount can be used for any cause and is essentially ‘unrestricted’.
This comes after mob
That being said, Whatsapp is already testing tools to keep track of message origins. Their most recent update informs users if a post has been forwarded or originally composed. Facebook, in turn, claims that it’s taking several measure to reprimand the situation using technology and has reached out to policy makers as well.
- Samsung now lets you buy up to four products in one single EMI as it seeks to boost sales this festive season
- Equitas Small Finance Bank IPO allotment: Here’s how to check share allotment status
- K'taka healthcare warriors first to get Covid vaccine: Minister
- Cong, BJP in K'taka cross swords over vaccine promise
- AISAM likely to take key decisions on Air India divestment on Saturday