WhatsApp is offering rewards for a solution to deal with misinformation in India
- The initiative is called the ‘WhatsApp Research Awards for Social Science and Misinformation’.
- The recipients can use the amount as they wish, without any restrictions whatsoever.
They’ve even named the contest, the ‘WhatsApp Research Awards for Social Science and Misinformation’. As an added incentive, the prize amount can be used for any cause and is essentially ‘unrestricted’.
This comes after mob
That being said, Whatsapp is already testing tools to keep track of message origins. Their most recent update informs users if a post has been forwarded or originally composed. Facebook, in turn, claims that it’s taking several measure to reprimand the situation using technology and has reached out to policy makers as well.
- Bank mitra robbed of cash worth Rs 3.5 lakh in Mathura
- Doctor tests positive for coronavirus in Odisha's Cuttack
- Bihar COVID toll reaches 15 as 2 migrants die; tally 2,968 with 231 fresh cases
- Fed up with living in containment zones, mob attacks police
- C'garh govt declares 95 areas as containment zones