When Hiring, Always Ask Yourself 'Where Can This Person Go From Here?'
This means first identifying the goals and vision for your company before finding people who align with those goals and vision.
"We want everyone pulling in the same direction, based on a mutual respect that's built on an acceptance of that culture and those values," Jeff Miller, an executive at Halliburton, an oilfield services firm, writes in his post on LinkedIn.
"It may sound cliché, but the people you hire and how you develop them defines everything about your company," he says.
Want your business advice featured in
- I've had the new iPhone 14 for 2 weeks. I should've listened to Steve Jobs' daughter because I now regret buying it.
- China tells state banks to prepare for a massive dollar dump and yuan buying spree as Beijing's prior interventions have failed to stem its currency's worst year since 1994
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- Essential food item prices spiked in the last one year
- SC to hear SEBI's review petition against RIL on Oct 12
- OPINION: Can trust-based philanthropy become the mainstream?
- PM Modi on India’s 5G launch – here are the key points from the speech
- PM Modi inaugurates India Mobile Congress, experiences 5G devices being showcased