While Microsoft is lamenting another chat bot fiasco Twitter is enjoying a hearty laugh
AdvertisementMicrosoft is out with its next Artificial Intelligence (AI) chat bot, Captionbot, which is built to recognise contents of a photo and come up with an appropriate caption. If you are thinking this will make people forget Microsoft’s last chat bot disaster, hold your thoughts right there. Just when the world was forgetting about its history, the IT giant drops another fiasco on the human world. But unfortunately this being the age of social media, the fiasco was ripped apart with hilarious trolls on Twitter.
When CNNMoney fed the AI photos of the dictator and swastika, Captionbot responded, “I really can’t describe the picture” alongside a confused emoji.
Captionbot can’t recognize Osama Bin Laden too.
“We have implemented some basic filtering in an effort to prevent some abuse scenarios,” a spokesperson noted of the limitations.
Here are some of our favourite trolls of Captionbot.
Captionbot.ai 's view of my avatar: pic.twitter.com/OUctTxhx0p— Richard Gadsden (@po8crg) April 14, 2016
(Image credits: Twitter/davidsim)
Popular on BI
- Ban on single-use plastic kicks in across India as the country recognises the choking impacts of plastic waste on the environment
- Bank FDs will draw down from mutual funds if interest rates go up to 7.5-8%, says report
- Best smartphones under ₹40,000 in India
- Are we worse off than we were in 2008? Foreign investors seem to think so
- MSMEs run on promoter’s savings and need insurance as much as other businesses