Why Apple employees are all making the same 'Office Space' joke this week
That's because Super Mario Run comes out next week for the iPhone, and you can try it out at Apple Stores now.
According to one current employee, the whole episode is reminding workers of the classic movie "Office Space" - specifically, the scene in which a restaurant server played by Jennifer Aniston is asked by her boss to wear more "flair."
At least the flair Apple is making its store workers wear is fun and Nintendo-themed.
But according to our source, that's causing its own problems, because managers are being stingy with the pins and hoarding them.
Which makes sense - we can totally see these pins becoming collectors' items one day.
Managers have been roaming the floor all day looking for employees not wearing their Super Mario Run pins like pic.twitter.com/n9NgV3dI1F- Creative Rants (@Creative_Rants) December 8, 2016
Here's the scene they're referring to:
Email the author at email@example.com.
- Ashok Gehlot: Magician leaves centre stage in Rajasthan
- Trauma made Abrar an 'Animal': Bobby Deol on his negative role
- Victory of Modi's guarantees, say BJP leaders as party sweeps states states
- Sunil Kanugolu: The poll strategist behind Congress' win in Telangana
- Digvijaya and Kamal Nath are now history, says Ashwini Vaishnaw as BJP attains victory in MP