Why paper cuts hurt so much
The dangers of paper lurk at the microscopic level and they can cause a lot of pain.Paper can cut through wood and plastic and lacerate skin with ease. Following is a transcript of the video.
Plus, a paper cut is not a clean cut. If you look at the edge of paper under a microscope you'll see it's jagged, sort of like shark teeth.This leads to messier, more painful wounds. Lastly, paper is made from wood and chemicals. So, that wood and chemical combination can get stuck in the skin. This can irritate the cut and bother you for days.
Next time you get a paper cut, be sure to wash the wound and put a band aid on it. You'll be thankful you did.
- BSE and NSE suspend trading in shares of Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Ltd (DHFL) from Monday
- Byju's most valuable startup in India and 11th in the world with a valuation of $16.5 billion
- India witnesses decline in daily COVID-19 cases with 80,834 fresh cases in last 24 hours, lowest since April 1
- Delhi reports its lowest daily COVID-19 cases in 104 days, records 213 single day COVID-19 cases
- Here’s how to recharge your Reliance Jio on WhatsApp