With 300 MPH In Its Sights, The Fastest Car In The World Just Got A Lot Faster
In doing so, the small Houston-based company dethroned Volkswagen Group's multimillion-dollar Bugatti 16.4 Veyron Super Sports as the fastest car in the world.
This week, the company announced plans to up the ante by the releasing the more powerful Venom F5, named after the strongest category of tornadoes - twisters whose winds can reach more than 300 mph.
While the Venom F5 may not hit the 300-mph mark, the company expects it to get close. The Venom F5 is aiming for 290 mph. Hennessey doesn't just want to win. It wants to run up the score.
"We learned a great deal during the development of the Venom GT in breaking the 270-mph barrier, and we bring that experience to this new design as we look toward raising the performance bar even higher," said company founder John Hennessey.
Even more thrilling, the company expects the F5 to top the Venom's already blistering acceleration times of 0-186 mph (300kph) in just 13.63 seconds and 0-200 mph in 14.51 seconds. Not only will the new new car be quicker, it will also be civilized, thanks to an upgraded technology package, including GPS-based stability and traction control.The Venom F5 is expected to debut next year, with deliveries to customers set to commence in late 2016.
Better performance comes with a bigger price tag. Hennessey plans to sell the F5 for more than the Venom GT's $1.2 million asking price. That's still a performance bargain when compared to the fancier, more tech-laden - and slower! - offerings from European competitors.
- I've had the new iPhone 14 for 2 weeks. I should've listened to Steve Jobs' daughter because I now regret buying it.
- China tells state banks to prepare for a massive dollar dump and yuan buying spree as Beijing's prior interventions have failed to stem its currency's worst year since 1994
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- Overlapping symptoms of dengue, Covid-19 confusing in many cases, say doctors
- Sterlite Technologies launches optical solution for 5G rollout
- NASA pushes back Artemis I Moon mission launch to November
- Auto sales jump in September: Maruti reports over a 100% jump in volumes
- India to add 80 airports in next 4-5 years; new rules for aerodromes
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World