BJP’s Bollywood female stars shine this election
BCCL/Business Insider India
AdvertisementPolitical parties all over the country enrolled female star power to increase their visibility in the
Congress, on the other hand, brought only one female actress to contest the elections — Urmila Matondkar in Mumbai North. The Election Commission’s counting shows that BJP’s Gopal Shetty, isn’t just leading, but dominating over Matondkar garnering 72.2% of the vote share.
Even Poonam Sinha, Samajwadi Party (SP)’s Bollywood candidate, is trailing far behind her contender, BJP’s Rajnath Singh in Lucknow.
BJP contestants largely beat exit poll predictions
Contesting the Lok Sabha Election from Amethi, a Congress stronghold, Irani seems to be leading over the incumbent Rahul Gandhi by a margin of 10,000 votes according to data from the Election Commission in contrast to the exit poll that predicted a Gandhi victory.
During the 2014 election, Gandhi did manage to beat out Irani but she dented his vote share by at least 12%.
BJP’s ‘dream girl’ candidate, Hema Malini, flipped from trailing during the initial vote count to commanding a strong lead of 62.2%. Her primary contender, Kunwar Narendra Singh from the Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) was left in the dust with 33.3% vote share.
Jaya Prada, on the other hand, looks unlikely to bring a victory home for the BJP as she trails behind Samajwadi Party (SP)’s Azam Khan in Rampur with a difference larger than 100,000 votes between them.
Popular on BI
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- India Inc's foreign commercial borrowings rise by 4.6% in August
- India emerges as the world's largest producer, consumer of sugar
- Scientists find new evidence for liquid water on Mars
- Both GST and Excise duty can be imposed on tobacco: Karnataka HC
- Godrej Consumer Products expects improved consumption in second half of this fiscal
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World