Words Can't Describe How Good Samsung's New TVs Look
Business InsiderSamsung announced a new line of TVs at the Consumer Electronics show this week.
They come in a variety of sizes, all the way up to 100+ inches and feature 4K, or Ultra High Definition (UHD), displays.
A lot of people like to scoff at 4K TVs. Why would you need a TV that has twice the resolution of a regular HD TV when regular HD TV is enough?
But those people haven't seen one of those TVs in person. Samsung's new sets are breathtaking, especially the ones with curved screens. It feels better than reality, like you're looking through a window into another dimension.
A lot of people don't understand why the screen is curved, but if you sit in front of one for a few minutes, you'll get it. It's like being immersed in the show.
Of course, there are a bunch of caveats to owning a 4K TV. They're insanely expensive. The 100-inch+ models can cost tens of thousands of dollars. Most content isn't shot in the right resolution, so you won't be able to get the full experience even if you can afford one of Samsung's TVs.
That said, it'll get better over time. Content producers are already experimenting with 4K TV shows and movies. The same goes for streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Instant. And the price of the sets will go down over the next few years. Eventually, they'll be just as affordable as a regular HD TV.
In the meantime, if you get a chance to watch something in 4K, try it. It'll blow your mind.
- A married couple with a 4-month-old baby were both laid off by Google, while one of them was on parental leave
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- Adani Enterprises’ ₹20,000 crore FPO now open, analysts maintain cautious optimism
- Shark Tank effect: How sales zoomed, websites crashed, and Amazon listings were lost
- Here’s how T+1 affects your life: Shorter settlement cycle to boost liquidity and make BTST trades smoother
- What is fingerprint unlock feature for Chrome incognito tabs and how does it work
- SRK’s Pathaan sets a new record — over ₹100 crore collections on opening day