Working out during my lunch break for a week had a huge impact on my productivity
If I go in the morning I sacrifice an hour of sleep, but when I try and go at night I can never muster up the energy after a long day at work. So when I heard the uber-productive Twitter, Blogger and Medium cofounder Evan Williams takes a break in the middle of his day to go to the gym, I felt compelled to try it for myself.
According to the Lift, Williams says he's most productive in the morning, so he chooses to get to work immediately before his energy dips. Midday, he heads to the gym and comes back feeling energized for the other half of the workday.
Williams told the site, "It feels weird (at first) to leave the office in the middle of the day, but total time spent is nearly the same with higher energy and focus across the board."
I felt like this was the best solution for me in so many ways: I would get to the office earlier, immediately use my energy towards work, my workout would also count as a break, and I would be re-energized for the rest of my day and not have to take frequent coffee breaks. So I decided to try it for an entire work week and see if it increased my productivity and my energy levels.
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- Elon Musk told Chinese Tesla workers in a late night speech that their hard work 'warms my heart' — 6 weeks after some complained about bonus cuts
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala