Xiaomi's new smartphone concept has a screen that wraps almost all the way around the phone's body, and it makes even brand-new smartphones look old-fashioned
- Xiaomi's Mi Mix Alpha concept smartphone has a screen that almost wraps around the entirety of the phone's body.
- As far as the Mi Mix Alpha's body is concerned, it's only a thin ceramic strip where the phone's triple-camera system is seated.
- It's just a concept so far, but Xiaomi has apparently thought about some of the concerns we already have, like scratching the screen when we put in down on a surface. Xiaomi says the Mi Mix Alpha's screen would be made of sapphire glass, which is extremely scratch-resistant.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Chinese tech giant Xiaomi just revealed on Tuesday a new 5G concept smartphone called the Mi Mix Alpha. It has a screen that wraps almost all the way around the phone, and it looks utterly incredible.The only thing preventing the screen from wrapping around the phone entirely is a thin ceramic strip along the back where the Mi Mix Alpha's triple-lens camera system is seated.
However, Xiaomi appears to have thought of that, even for the concept. The company said the Mi Mix Alpha's glass is 2.88g sapphire. To be honest, I'm not sure that that means, but I do know that sapphire is designed to be extremely scratch-resistant.Oh, and the Mi Mix Alpha's frame would be made of "TC4 aerospace-grade titanium alloy" that Xiaomi says is three times as strong as steel. Casual.
There's no telling how much this marvel costs, or even if it'll ever make it to store shelves. After all, Xiaomi itself said it's a concept. Either way, it should be a hint to all smartphone makers for what to do in the next few years. I am ready for it.Check out the Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha:
The Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha is essentially a phone that's almost entirely made of screen. It has a 180.6% screen-to-body ratio, Xiaomi said.
The Mi Mix Alpha looks better while charging than any other smartphone.Advertisement
Even when it's telling you that you have a notification, it looks better than any other smartphone.
The sides have pressure-sensitive sensors, presumably for the power and volume buttons.Advertisement
It simply looks better than any other smartphone, period.
- Farmer unions cancel Budget day march to Parliament, but say their agitation will continue
- 9 people died and 16 hospitalised out of 23,28,779 people vaccinated till now in India, but Additional Secretary, Health, said that none of the deaths are linked to the Covid-19 vaccination
- Naidu reviews arrangements for Budget Session of Parliament
- Budget day march to Parliament cancelled by farmer unions
- Sabyasachi sells 51% stake to Aditya Birla Fashion