You are not safe. Cyber attacks to steal consumer data rose by 200% in 2015
This is a very bad news for netizens. Cyber criminals have devised what is now called ‘fake technical support’ model to steal consumer data. According to a report by security software firm
"With close to 5 lakh attacks last year, India ranked 11 amongst countries targeted the most by tech support scams... The countries targeted the most by tech support
It should be noted that the countries that had most reported tech support scams were the US, UK, France, Australia and Germany. In total, Symantec blocked more than 100 million tech support scams last year (globally)," he added.
Kaura noted that sophisticated cyber criminal groups are duplicating the skill sets of nation-state attackers.
Popular on BI
- No crypto ban in India — SEBI will reportedly be pulled in to regulate the sector
- I wore the same outfit for a week, as part of a productivity hack promoted by Steve Jobs — but it didn't really work. After speaking to psychologists, I'm not surprised.
- Maruti cars to cost you more from January next year
- Dell Latitude 7320 Review — A good-looking compact convertible let down by the keyboard
- SaaS firm RateGain’s IPO opens tomorrow — should you invest?
- Global digital advertising accounted for 64.4% of all advertising in 2021, up from 60.5% in 2020: GroupM report
- After Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Maruti Suzuki, now Tata Motors increases price of its vehicles from January
- 44 key areas, a national framework, and a multi-institutional approach — Here's what you need to know about India's new National Blockchain Strategy