You are not safe. Cyber attacks to steal consumer data rose by 200% in 2015
This is a very bad news for netizens. Cyber criminals have devised what is now called ‘fake technical support’ model to steal consumer data. According to a report by security software firm
"With close to 5 lakh attacks last year, India ranked 11 amongst countries targeted the most by tech support scams... The countries targeted the most by tech support
It should be noted that the countries that had most reported tech support scams were the US, UK, France, Australia and Germany. In total, Symantec blocked more than 100 million tech support scams last year (globally)," he added.
Kaura noted that sophisticated cyber criminal groups are duplicating the skill sets of nation-state attackers.
- TTD approves Rs 2,938-crore budget for 2021-22
- Wholesale growth expected to continue for tractors, passenger vehicles and two-wheelers, says equity research firm Emkay
- Centre finalises One District One Focus Product to promote in cluster approach
- A Mumbai-based EV startup launched the cheapest electric car with a 200 km range
- HP's worldwide shipments grow 5.6% in fourth quarter of 2020, says IDC