You are not safe. Cyber attacks to steal consumer data rose by 200% in 2015
This is a very bad news for netizens. Cyber criminals have devised what is now called ‘fake technical support’ model to steal consumer data. According to a report by security software firm
"With close to 5 lakh attacks last year, India ranked 11 amongst countries targeted the most by tech support scams... The countries targeted the most by tech support
It should be noted that the countries that had most reported tech support scams were the US, UK, France, Australia and Germany. In total, Symantec blocked more than 100 million tech support scams last year (globally)," he added.
Kaura noted that sophisticated cyber criminal groups are duplicating the skill sets of nation-state attackers.
- A woman in Rajasthan has tested COVID-19 positive 31 times in the last five months
- Here’s how Indians are buying Tesla, Facebook, and Apple shares through brokerage startups
- Radio ad revenue for July-Sept quarter in 2020 was Rs 198.53 crore: TRAI
- YouTube starts rolling out hashtag landing pages— here’s how you can use it
- Do not panic when Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman reads out the revised estimates