You can buy drone insurance to protect you from 160,000 drones a year in the skies
But he's more than just a hobbyist.He's convinced that drones are going to be a big deal for the insurance company in two ways. First, they are going to help insurers get to disasters and accident scenes faster, fly around and access damage. That's why in April, AIG obtained its corporate drone license, Brady said.
AIG is also looking at the day when commercial drones are legal and everywhere. The Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International predicts that by 2025, US businesses will be buying 160,000 drones a year, Brady says.All those drones will become a big deal for insurance companies because having that many of them flying around "creates risk," he said.
Thinking ahead, AIG is already selling drone insurance for everything from protecting your expensive commercial drone, to covering you for liability if your drone gets into an accident.We can't help thinking that AIG is looking at the future and seeing this Audi commercial:
- Night curfew in Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodra and Rajkot to get extend by 15 days
- Whether we like it or not, Indians are already partaking in the superfood ‘trend’
- India records 16,488 new COVID-19 cases and 113 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maharashtra to conduct class 12,10 exams from 23 and 29 April
- Here is what to expect from Maruti, M&M, Hero, Bajaj Auto and other automakers in February auto sales