You can now get a Lyft beer - and a discounted ride to go with it
- Lyft is teaming up with a Chicago-based brewery to offer a Lyft-branded beer.
- The app-based taxi company is offering discounted rides home to customers who buy the beer.
- For now, the beer is only available in Chicago.
As part of a new partnership, Chicago's Baderbräu Brewing Company is brewing up a beer called Five Star Lager that will be sold under Lyft's brand. If you buy a can, the app-based taxi company will offer you 60% off your next ride home. Advertisement
You can now get a Lyft-branded beer to drink - and you'll even get a discount.
According to Lyft, the deal is not about selling suds or getting consumers to use its service more often, but about cutting down on drunk driving.
"We decided to partner with Baderbräu for the Five Star Lager launch to encourage more Chicagoans to travel responsibly when they're out on the town," David Katcher, Lyft's midwest general manager, said in a statement.For now, the new Lyft lager, which will come in 12-ounce cans, will be available only at select locations in Chicago.
The partnership isn't the first time Lyft has teamed up with a beer company. For the past two years, the company has worked with Anheuser-Busch to provide thousands of free rides home during weekends and holidays in select cities.
NOW WATCH: Here are the best iPhone apps of 2017
- COVID-19: Hry govt to allow physically challenged employees to work from home
- Cases of COVID-19 surging in South Africa
- 1,573 fresh COVID-19 cases take Delhi tally to 1,12,494; death toll mounts to 3,371
- COVID-19 testing reaches 8,000 per million in India, recovery rate at 62.93%
- Make a WhatsApp voice or video call with Google Assistant