You can watch almost every major Emmy-winning TV show for less than $50, without ads
- Nearly every Emmy winner this year can be streamed on Netflix, HBO, Hulu, or Amazon Prime Video.
- If you added up the monthly cost of each service, it would be less than $50.
- Streaming and premium cable shows dominated the awards and not a single scripted TV show from a major US broadcast network won on Sunday.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Streaming dominated the Emmys this year, so it's fitting that nearly every show that won an award during Sunday's telecast is available to stream somewhere, without ads.Between Netflix, HBO, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video, you can watch every Emmy winner besides "RuPaul's Drag Race," which won for best competition series (you can watch it at VH1's website with a cable subscription, though).Advertisement
When you add it all up, it would cost less than $50 to watch the Emmy-winning shows:
- HBO Now, HBO's standalone streaming service, costs $14.99 a month.
- Netflix's most popular plan in standard HD is $12.99 a month.
- Hulu, without ads, costs $11.99 a month (Hulu with ads costs $5.99).
- Amazon Prime Video, for only streaming video, costs $8.99 a month (it costs $10.99 with other Prime benefits).
That comes to a grand total of $48.96.The night's winners represent the larger television landscape, as streaming and cable/premium cable shows have pushed out broadcast network shows. Not a single scripted series from a major US broadcast network won an Emmy on Sunday.
Prime Video ruled the comedy categories. "Fleabag" won the awards for best comedy series, actress in a comedy series, and more. "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" won two supporting acting Emmys.Netflix's "Ozark," "When They See Us," and "Black Mirror: Bandersnatch" took home major prizes, as did FX's "Pose," the first season of which is available to stream on Netflix.But HBO was the biggest winner of the night, with nine Emmys on Sunday and 34 overall (including the Creative Arts Emmys last week). "Game of Thrones" won best drama series and "Chernobyl" won best limited series.Advertisement
Below is a breakdown of where to stream every TV show that won an Emmy on Sunday:
Amazon Prime Video — $8.99/month
Hulu — $11.99/month (without ads)Advertisement
Netflix — $12.99/month (standard HD plan)
HBO Now — $14.99/monthAdvertisement
- Zomato announces 10 days of menstrual leave for all women employees – including transgender people
- Mukesh Ambani is now the world’s fourth-richest person after he beat Louis Vuitton owner Bernard Arnault
- If you have a high risk tolerance — here are a few ‘aggressive’ investment bets to consider
- Karnataka is building a cycling map for Bengaluru by crowdsourcing inputs from city's cyclists
- Indian Medical Association says nearly 200 doctors have lost their lives to COVID-19