You no longer need to know Chinese languages if you want to study medicine in China
- International students — including Indians — will no longer have to learn Chinese languages while pursuing
medicine in China.
- The Ministry of Education, China has recognized 45 universities that can enroll foreign students in medicine programs in English
- However, bilingual curriculum is ‘strictly prohibited’ under the government rules.
- For universities authorised under the education ministry, the cost of a degree in medicine costs nearly ₹300,000 to ₹500,000 in China.
The country’s government has announced that international students — including Indians — will no longer have to learn Chinese languages for pursuing medicine in their country.
According to media reports, the Chinese Ministry of Education (MoE) rolled out an official list of universities in China that are qualified to teach an MBBS degree programme in English. The ministry has recognized 45 universities that can enroll foreign students — including Indians — that will provide education in English.
However, there is a ban on bilingual curriculum — Chinese and English.
The announcements float just ahead of the next admission season that will see many Indians applying for courses abroad.
Since 2016, over 7,000 Indians have moved to China to study medicine. In fact, over 21,000 Indian students were enrolled in MBBS courses across the country last year. Ever since China opened its doors to foreign students in 2003, this was the highest enrollment from India.
One driver for Indian students is the relatively cheaper tuition. For government-authorized universities, medicine education costs nearly ₹300,000 to ₹500,000. In India, the tuition costs can range from ₹1 million to ₹3 million.
You can view the list of universities on the official website of Ministry of Education, China.
PUBG's replacement in China is a patriotic 'Game of Peace'
AdvertisementIndian university students looking to pursue research abroad can now get funding from the government
Popular on BI
- Jhulan Goswami’s two decade-long career is ‘monumental’, says BCCI on her retirement
- Chandigarh airport to be named after Bhagat Singh: PM Modi
- RBI set for fourth straight rate hike to quell inflation, say experts
- No peace overtures expected between India and Pakistan
- Space dedicated to food and beverage companies in malls on the rise post pandemic
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Rice and Pulses
- IIT Guwahati
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Biggest Billionaires
- Sundar Pichai
- Home Loan
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Rana Kapoor
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World