You'll Be Able To Buy Samsung's New Curved Smartwatch Starting Next Week
The Gear S is Samsung's first smartwatch to launch with a curved glass screen, and it'll be available through AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Best Buy.
The Gear S comes with its own 3G radio built-in, which means it can make phone calls and connect to the internet without having to tether to your smartphone.
Most smartwatches have to establish a Bluetooth connection to perform these tasks through your phone.
It also comes with a GPS and heart rate monitor on the inside, and is resistant to both water and dust.
The Gear S is one of several smartwatches Samsung has released in the past year or so, but it's the company's first watch that works on its own.
Samsung hasn't revealed how much the Gear S will cost, but we'll likely hear more about pricing from carriers in the near future. Since it has 3G connectivity and GPS built in, it'll probably be fairly expensive.
- Over 60 schools in and around Bengaluru receive bomb threat, students evacuated safely
- TVS Motor Co sales rise 31% to 3,64,231 units in November
- Johnny Depp unknowingly taught Ranveer Singh the craft of acting
- Midcap index rising for last 21 sessions, hitting fresh highs since November 16
- Global smartwatch shipments up 9% in Q3, Fire-Boltt & Huawei hit new highs: Report