You'll Be Able To Buy Samsung's New Curved Smartwatch Starting Next Week
The Gear S is Samsung's first smartwatch to launch with a curved glass screen, and it'll be available through AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Best Buy.
The Gear S comes with its own 3G radio built-in, which means it can make phone calls and connect to the internet without having to tether to your smartphone.
Most smartwatches have to establish a Bluetooth connection to perform these tasks through your phone.
It also comes with a GPS and heart rate monitor on the inside, and is resistant to both water and dust.
The Gear S is one of several smartwatches Samsung has released in the past year or so, but it's the company's first watch that works on its own.
Samsung hasn't revealed how much the Gear S will cost, but we'll likely hear more about pricing from carriers in the near future. Since it has 3G connectivity and GPS built in, it'll probably be fairly expensive.
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- Laid-off Google employees are turning to a Discord server with nearly 18,000 members for emotional support and financial advice
- WhatsApp rolls out ability to create avatars on iOS
- One in four users unaware of crypto cybercrime risks: Cybersecurity firm Kaspersky
- Telegram adds real-time message translation in its new update
- Global smartphone revenue fall by 9% in 2022: Counterpoint Research
- Ex-military ruler Pervez Musharraf dies in Dubai: Pak media