Your AirPods are not water-resistant - here are a few headphones that are
- Apple AirPods are not waterproof or water-resistant, so their use around water, on rainy days, or even during workouts puts them at risk of damage.
- Apple will not replace AirPods damaged by water; you will have to order a new pair if they are impaired or destroyed by exposure to liquid.
- Multiple other companies offer earbuds that work well with iPhones and iPads and that are reliably water-resistant.
Wireless, compact, and easy to use, Apple AirPods are one of the most convenient pieces of audio hardware out there these days.
While compatible with any Bluetooth device, they integrate seamlessly with any iPhone running iOS 10 or a later system. And ever since Apple removed the headphone jack starting with the iPhone 7, this ease of connectivity is more important than ever.
AirPods offer up to five continuous hours of audio, they can be charged simply by putting them in their case, you can control many functions with a gentle tap, they allow you to take and make calls, and they work with Siri. Until they get wet, that is - then they probably won't work at all.
AirPods are not waterproof or water-resistant
Apple makes no claims that its AirPods resist water damage. In fact, they state quite clearly on a Support webpage that "Your AirPods and charging case aren't waterproof or water-resistant, so be careful not to get moisture in any openings."
And Apple won't cover damage caused by water - you'll have to replace your AirPods out of your own pocket.
So keep your AirPods dry by not wearing them in the rain, keeping them away from water, taking them out when you're going to be sweating, and by only cleaning them with a dry cloth or a soft bristled brush.
There are other water-resistant earbud options
AirPods are great thanks to their perfect pairing with other Apple devices, but if you want a set of earbuds you can wear while you exercise, while it rains, or when you're around water, then you need to look elsewhere.
If you don't mind a slender wire wrapping around the back of your neck, AUKEY offers their $59 water-resistant B80 earbuds for a hundred dollars less than a new set of Apple AirPods, and they will connect just fine with your iPhone.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
- An American tourist in Seoul said he sprayed graffiti in 155 places to raise awareness about teeth grinding
- X could lose $75 million in ad revenue after a litany of controversies from Elon Musk, including his endorsement of antisemitic comments, report says
- The S&P 500 will trade near its all-time high before a recession drags it down again in a topsy-turvy 2024, Société Générale says
- White collar roles more at threat from AI
- Market cap of BSE-listed firms hits record high of Rs 331 lakh crore; just shy of entering $4-trillion club
- 10 Best honeymoon places near Delhi
- Samsung launches new smartphone with 50 MP camera in India
- Unveiling the sweet side of corn: 7 mouthwatering recipes