YouTube's ad-free video subscription service is called 'YouTube Red' and it starts at $9.99 per month
YouTube Red costs $9.99 per month for desktop, Android, and $12.99 per month on iOS, and will also be available offline with a handy "save" feature. Eventually, YouTube plans to launch exclusive content on YouTube Red that you can't view on the traditional YouTube site.
The push for original content includes new original shows with popular YouTube stars including PewDiePie, Joey Grace
The subscription service will launch on October 28th.
A YouTube Red membership is also good across Gmail, YouTube's Music app, and YouTube's Twitch competitor, YouTube Gaming, ensuring that you'll receive the same ad-free experience across all platforms.
Here's a look at the YouTube Red app.
YouTube Red will launch first in the US, with plans to launch in other major markets "over the course of the next year."
- Akash Ambani named in Time100 NEXT list as an emerging leader
- People want bigger homes and reopening offices, schools hasn’t altered this trend
- Prime Minister Modi says extension of free ration scheme will benefit crores during the festive season
- Central government employees given 4% hike in DA ahead of Diwali
- Jewellery chains are growing at the cost of standalone jewellers – and it’s only going to get worse, says World Gold Council report