YouTube's Most Massive Star Makes Millions Of Dollars - Now He Wants His Own Network
Now the star, who hails from Stockholm, is looking to leave Maker Studios in December in search of his own network, according to a report from the Wall Street Journal.
According to the Journal, "Maker Studios, a producer of online content that takes a cut of ad sales, counts on PewDiePie as its most important personality. It sold itself to Walt Disney Co. earlier this year in a deal that could be worth close to $1 billion, depending on certain performance targets."
Kjellberg's contract ends in December and according to an interview he did with with Swedish magazine Icon, he seems lukewarm about continuing his relationship with Maker. Instead he wants to start his own network.
"Yes, but I'd rather not talk too much about it. I'm in touch with a couple of people who I think would be so right for this. I'm eager to get it all up and running. So far, all the networks have been managed in such an incredibly poor way, it's embarrassing really. I'd like to help other YouTubers," Mr. Kjellberg told Icon.
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- A boomer grandma advises on how to set boundaries with millennial kids when it comes to babysitting
- India's best relaxing holiday spots for peaceful retreats
- Inter-ministerial approval board can permit demarcation of non-processing area under IT sector SEZs
- Winter wellness: 10 Amla recipes to embrace this season
- ‘Confident’ Indians might splurge on big-ticket items in 2024
- Tata Power stock zooms ahead after brokerage on upgrade