YouTube's Revenue Revealed - And It's Much Worse Than Expected
Mike Nudelman/Business Insider
The $3.5 billion is significantly behind forecasts. eMarketer thought YouTube would do $5.6 billion in gross revenue in 2013. In 2012, Citi analyst Mark Mahaney predicted $3.6 billion in gross revenue, and $2.4 billion in net revenue.It's almost impossible to find a company comparable to YouTube. But, for some context, Netflix did $4.3 billion in revenue last year (PDF link). Twitter, which is a user generated content site similar to YouTube in some ways, did $665 million in revenue in 2013. ESPN, which is a traditional network, was forecasted to do $11 billion in 2013.
New YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki will be responsible for getting YouTube's revenues to grow.
- Byju's most valuable startup in India and 11th in the world with a valuation of $16.5 billion
- India witnesses decline in daily COVID-19 cases with 80,834 fresh cases in last 24 hours, lowest since April 1
- Delhi reports its lowest daily COVID-19 cases in 104 days, records 213 single day COVID-19 cases
- Here’s how to recharge your Reliance Jio on WhatsApp
- India may classify Bitcoin as an asset class, but that may not solve the underlying problem