Zaha Hadid just dropped a line of stunning jewelry inspired by her famous buildings
Hadid created the collection for Danish design house Georg Jensen, Dezeen reports. The eight-piece line, which includes a two-finger ring and a twisted cuff, will premiere at this week's Baselworld art fair in Switzerland.
The collection incorporates a style evident in Hadid's rock-shaped Wangjing Soho towers in Beijing and upcoming residential building in Manhattan. Many of her buildings feature sculptural curves, or rounded walls instead of normal, 90-degree angle ones.
"We often look at the coherence and logic of natural systems when we work to create environments," she said in a statement. "Our challenge was to translate that into something that can be worn."
- The last Solar Eclipse of 2021: Date, time and everything you need to know
- Ahmedabad and Bengaluru see a big jump in hiring activity in November
- ‘Right person at the right time’ — Here’s a sneak-peek at economist Gita Gopinath’s journey so far
- The best Netflix alternatives to watch Korean dramas and movies in India
- Gartner predicts opt-out rate for mobile app tracking to decline by 2023 as Apple, Google aim to control it