I toured the most expensive condo for sale in a Billionaires' Row skyscraper in NYC, a $58.5 million residence that spans the entire 87th floor. Here's what it looks like inside.
- The most expensive unit for sale at 157 W 57th Street, known as "One57," is a four-bedroom, full-floor residence for $58.5 million.
- One57 is one of several supertall luxury residential skyscrapers rising along Billionaires' Row in Manhattan.
- The 87th-floor condo includes a 57-foot-long great room that faces Central Park.
- I got an exclusive tour of the $58.5 million condo, and the unbeatable views were one of the main draws.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
New York City is no stranger to pricey penthouses perched at the top of towering skyscrapers.
But these days, the buildings are getting taller and the bar for luxury is being raised even higher. A bevy of supertall luxury residential towers are rising on Billionaires' Row, an area in Manhattan just south of Central Park that's home to some of the most expensive residences in the world.157 W 57th Street, known as "One57," is one of these Billionaires' Row towers, many of which are still under construction. One57 was completed in 2014.
The first 39 floors of One57 are taken up by the Park Hyatt hotel, while the 95 condos occupy the rest of the tower.
One57 briefly held the record for the most expensive home ever sold in New York City when Dell Technologies founder Michael Dell bought the $100 million penthouse back in 2018. That record was shattered in January 2019 when billionaire hedge-fund manager Ken Griffin paid $238 million for a penthouse at 220 Central Park South, a neighboring Billionaires' Row skyscraper.
On One57's 87th floor condo is a full-floor, four-bedroom residence on the market for $58.5 million. It's the most expensive condo for sale in the building, and the highest remaining unit available, according to listing agent Kyle Blackmon.
Here's a look inside the $58.5 million Billionaires' Row condo.