How much money the 'Game of Thrones' stars are making for the final season
- "Game of Thrones" actors Kit Harrington, Lena Headey, and more make half a million dollars an episode.
- Their co-stars, like Sophie Turner, make far less.
"Game of Thrones" is a colossal hit for HBO, and the actors' salaries reflect that.Main stars like Kit Harrington (who plays Jon Snow) and Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister) got big raises in 2017 ahead of the show's final season, which begins on Sunday. They now make $500,000 an episode.
Others make far less than their counterparts, though. Actors like Sophie Tuner (Sansa Stark) and Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) still don't even make as much as some of the stars of HBO's other hit, "Westworld." Evan Rachel Wood, Ed Harris, Jeffrey Wright, and Thandie Newton are making $250,000 an episode for the show's upcoming third season, The Hollywood Reporter reported in October.But Turner understands why she doesn't make as much as some of her "Game of Thrones" co-stars.
"Kit got more money than me, but he had a bigger storyline," Turner told Harper's Bazaar last week. "And for the last series, he had something crazy like 70 night shoots, and I didn't have that many. I was like, 'You know what ... you keep that money.'"Below is how much each main "Game of Thrones" star makes per episode heading into Sunday's season premiere:
$500,000 — Kit Harington (Jon Snow)
$500,000 — Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen)Advertisement
$500,000 — Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister)
$500,000 — Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister)Advertisement
$500,000 — Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister)
$175,000 — Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark)Advertisement
$175,000 — Maisie Williams (Arya Stark)
$175,000 — Isaac Hempstead Wright (Bran Stark)Advertisement
- India may reportedly block Wikipedia if the site doesn't delete the map showing Aksai Chin as a part of China
- 22-year old Ahmad is the first arrest under the new anti-conversion law in India's most populous state
- On the road to digital transformation: Why are companies struggling?
- ‘Mahashay’ Dharampal Gulati, owner of MDH, passes away at 98
- India has produced twice the amount of sugar in the first 2 months of the current season